Sunday, January 22, 2012

AT Design - Double the Price ???



At Designs - Dress - Innocence

Part 1 - The Deception 

When I first saw this dress in Second Life, I thought "Omgosh, How Cute!" 

The price of 1100 Lindens caused me some hesitation. That's an extreme amount of Linden to throw down for a dress that doesnt' have a demo. If it had been by Mohna Lisa or Danielle I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I have several of their clothing line and know them to be easy to wear and easy to adjust. 

After a week or so, I gave in and bought the dress. Only recently I found that the same exact dress by the same exact designer is on sale in the Second Life Market Place for 1/2 the cost of the dress you purchase in game! Had I know this I might have saved myself some Lindens. Though the head ache would still be coming.
See The Designer, owner of At Designs, one Ms. Atine Anatine, clothing is not modifiable. This means that you either have to zero out every measurement on your Avatar to fit her clothing, or you can send her your measurements, or your shape and she will adjust the dress or outfit of purchase to your form.

I was aghast when I contacted Ms. Anatine and was told that she expected me to send her my shape to fit her cloths! I mean seriously how many designers actually expect you to send your measurements or shapes to them so they can spend extra time adjusting clothing for you. And furthermore, as more and more beautiful shapes, and skins come out in Second Life, how many of us are prone to change our shape or skin over a period of time.

I have been in Second Life for six months, I've changed my shape three times. Is Ms. Anatine going to adjust this outfit for me every time I decide to change my shape? I doubt it will be quite that simple down the road. Say in a year when I decide to change again and need new modifications?

Additionally why is there a price difference of 1/2 the cost when you buy the dress off the Market Place? Wouldn't it be less if you bought it in game, as opposed to the Market Place where the designer has to pay 5% of the sell price to Mr. Linden?

Answers only we can obtain from Ms. Anatine.

*end part one*
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Update -

I was able to speak to Ms. Anatine. And while I ask for permission to use our conversation her only response was that any use of her trade mark name would result in me being filed against.

So I have removed the emblem and will give a brief statement on this and the other blog.

Ms. Anatine, was gracious enough to return all my funds for the dress. After seeing how unhappy I was. Which I thank her for. I returned her folder and destroyed anything that would not transfer.

The clothing on the market place is being sold by an unauthorized person, who is not in deep do do with Second Life.. Ooopsss.. Black market is a bitch!



No comments:

Post a Comment