Friday, May 25, 2012

Thistle Coastal Cottage

I attended my first Home and Gardens show in Second Life this year. Most of the builders have incredible show cases, and some have okay show cases, and yes there were a few bombs. 

It's not secret in second life that I am a huge house fan. Like most women in Second life, especially in their first year, I shop! I love houses, cloths, hair, shoes, furniture, and accessories. 

So I was not surprised when I came across a very nice home built by Thistle Coastal Cottage - Liz Gealach. 

 
 The house is very roomy, and well planned out, and carries a total prim of 142. The doors open out letting your cottage seem open and airy. 

Inside the house there is a wall with two plates on it W and P - this allows you to paint the walls inside and out of the house. The builder has included some incredible colors such as sand, seaweed, ocean, and sky. You can choose each room individually or all rooms together. 


Once you have the colors where you want them, you can delete the paint scripts and lower the prim on your house by another 50 prim. However, if you are one of those people that likes to change it up, you might want to leave those prims right where they are. 

Here are some shots of the house from the front to back and up and down.
Back porch
Front Porch
Back room
Front room

Small bedroom
Master bedroom


I did experience some loading issues with the doors. However, this was my fault for not letting the house load completely. Once you rez the house give it a good minute or so, before opening any doors. This will give the doors the time they need to rez correctly and the scripts to work. 

I wasn't smart enough to figure this out on my own and the owner, Liz Gealach, was only too happy to come to my house, and show me how to fix my problem. She offers great customer service, and as many know, I'm one tough cookie to please!

Go See Liz's houses here:  Thistle Cottages

You can rez her houses from the pictures on the fence in back of her shop. I highly recommend this builder. Her work is well worth the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment